Saturday, April 27, 2013

To Boston With Love

I'm interrupting my lazy blogging to bring you a post about a project that I read on Kelly's Blog - Pinkadot Quilts - this morning.

The Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild is organizing a public display of flags in the city of Boston to bring some comfort, support, joy and most of all Love to the city of Boston following the recent race day tragedy.  You can click the link above, or the button on the right to get involved.  They have clear instructions and tutorials.

Since it's all about love, I decided to make one for me and Rich, and one for each of our wonderful children.  I've included their girlfriend/boyfriend too who were there to comfort and support them when I couldn't be.

Here are the flags that I made this afternoon (front and back views).  I decided to design them big, bold and graphic and simple.

Me and Rich's:


Andrew and Sigourney's:


Hanna and Daniel's:


Here is my little contribution tied together.  I hope they keep them together as a family holding hands.   We are all runners and have been to many running events as spectators and athletes.


I hung it in my dwarf maple tree to see how it looked from a distance.  


This was an easy, fun afternoon project.  Sometimes its nice to be a little part in a big project.  Hat's off to the Vancouver Guild for organizing this gift for Boston.

See you again soon!  Happy Weekend!

17 comments:

Karen said...

Haven't heard about this - what a great idea. And aren't you the most creative person!! The flags are all perfect. By the way, the new header is fabulous!!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Very good idea I should make some more.....

Sue said...

A wonderful way of showing that everyone cares.
Love your fun flags but yours would never be boring.

Janet O. said...

What a happy new header, Barb. : )
Your flags are wonderful--bright, bold and full of love.

MB in MI said...

What a great gift to Boston, Barb--well done!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Seeing those flags my heart happy, I can just imagine what they will mean to Boston! A very special project. I better get a move on and get a flag made too.

Mego said...

They look FABULOUS! I just got done with mine too. One for each member of the family. To BOSTON with LOVE! Good job!

Beth said...

Have to get a flag done. Your great flags gave me some ideas.

Mayleen said...

What a wonderful thing to do! So bright and cheery.

OT Quilter said...

Thanks for passing along this project! Your flags are so cheerful and colorful and I love that they are tied together as a "family."

Crispy said...

Great flags for a great project. You ROCK Barb :0)

Crispy

Laurie in Iowa said...

Love your flags for a wonderful project.

Lori said...

Very sweet and creative!!

Carrie P. said...

I haven't heard about this. I love your little banners. Off to check the link.

Maureen said...

A nice way to spend an afternoon. Very pretty flags and I'm sure they will bring comfort.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- they look great Barb! You're so sweet to make three of them and tie them together as a family. What a wonderful project!

Unknown said...

Packers and Movers

nice photo collection