Monday, November 9, 2009

Best in Show

Congratulations to my friend, Susan, for the Best in Show award with Zen Mandala!

This quilt has received many blue ribbons, and Best Use of Color at the Vermont Show and Quiltfest, NJ. It is remarkable.

Apparently, we had some sort of camera malfunction, because the close up photos that Rich and I took on Saturday morning are mostly missing :(

This was my personal favorite. I loved the chocolate background - loved it Evelyn!


Susan (Z's) quilt


Barbara K's

Bethany's, won best machine workmanship. I love her precision and work. I've been a big admirer for years. Look at that precision piecing - amazing!

A lovely Dear Jane


Elizabeth's ( more of her beautiful quilts to come)

Renata's


I will post more later today and over the next couple of days.

Can you believe it? I WON the doll bed and bedding. I can not tell you how thrilled I was. Wendy, a friend and guild member, made the quilt and bedding. Oh, it's too wonderful to believe. I will treasure it forever.

Check out her hand dyed sheets.

The headboard
The footboard

See you soon for another installment.

9 comments:

Alma Allen said...

Love seeing all of the beautiful quilts. Congratulations on your fantastic win! That doll bed is stunning. Do you have a special doll for the bed?

(Yes it was a bit hard to light the candle....but I did get it for photography.)

Karen said...

Oh my! What gorgeous quilts. The Best of Show quilt must have taken some careful drafting for the design. It is very well executed both in stitching, color, and design. I can see why it was a winner.

Janet said...

I can't stop looking at the bed! What a great win. Thanks for sharing the quilts. The piecing on the best of show is amazing.

antique quilter said...

you were so lucky to win that doll bed!
its just adorable.

Mary said...

You are one lucky gal!! Wish I could have been there to join in the fun.

Jan said...

Congratulations! How exciting for you. I just love doll beds. They are fun to make quilts for and display around the house.

Jacqui said...

Oh thanks for sharing all the quilts. They are amazing! Congrats on your lovely win. How nice for you!Enjoy.

Crispy said...

Oh WOW what beautiful quilts!!! I can see why the Zen quilt got best of show!!

Crispy

Lori said...

The quilts are amazing, but the little doll bed and quilt is over the top cute! Wendy must be very talented. And the little red and white pillow?! So charming!! Congratulations.